The property market is showing no signs of slowing, with Keats Estate Agents continuing to experience high demand for property for sale and to rent in the Haslemere area.
Rita Tinney, Keats Sales and Lettings Director commented: “Our sales team are working efficiently on behalf of clients and selling everything that comes to market - often within a matter of days. The pattern is similar in lettings and demand is extremely high for property in our area, highlighted by the volume of interest we are receiving.
“In recent weeks our sales team marketed two fantastic properties that received so much interest that both went to best and final bids, gaining agreed prices far in excess of the guide price. Our agents were professional throughout, keeping our vendors well-informed every step of the way.
“It’s clear that the market isn’t slowing and new data from Rightmove reveals that a much higher than usual number of homes on sale in the current market have successfully found a buyer. However, we do require more stock to meet the continuing demand so now is a great time to sell if you are considering moving.”
Rightmove carried out an analysis of over 13m listings which were tracked from first coming to market to being listed as sold subject to contract. The research shows a 68 per cent success rate. This is a large increase when compared with data between 2012 and early 2020, when 53 per cent of homes found a buyer on average, with the other 47 per cent either being withdrawn from sale or staying on the market.
Tim Bannister, director of property data at Rightmove, says: “There’s been a much greater chance of a seller finding a buyer over the past year, which really highlights the sheer number of people who have been determined to move.
“While the long-term average shows that typically around half of properties sell, the increase in 2021 reflects the frenzied buyer activity we’ve seen in the current market, driven by multiple factors such as pent-up demand and changing priorities. This efficiency in the market means agents are operating on limited stock, and they need more homes to satisfy all types of buyers.”
Meanwhile Keats Lettings experienced a busy June, July and August. The latest rental market report from ARLA Propertymark shows a little of the heat coming out of the rental market, but it’s still breaking records.
If you are considering selling or letting a property, please contact our sales team on 01428 661622 or lettings via 01428 641111.
Image: Pinecones, Cobden Lane Haslemere - Offer accepted within 48 hours and sale agreed over the guide price of £1.25m.
Value My Property